Assigning contributors and setting due dates
When you are creating content with a team, you want to be sure that all members of your team complete their part of the process on time. To achieve this, you can assign contributors, leave comments and suggestions, and set due dates for all of your content items.
See how to assign contributors and set due dates inside the app.
Table of contents
Assigning contributors to a content item
To assign a contributor to a content item:
- From the app menu, choose Content & Assets .
- Click a content item to open it for editing.
- Click Contributors in the Details tab.
- Select the contributors you want to assign to the content item.
- (Optional) Leave a note or instructions for contributors.
- (Optional) Set a due date for the content item. See how to set due dates within the app.
- Click Assign contributors.
Note: You can also assign contributors and set due dates when changing the workflow step of a content item. You need to assign at least one contributor when changing the workflow step.
Contributors are notified about the progress of the content items assigned to them when:
- The workflow step of the content item is updated.
- The content item is due in a week.
- The content item is due in 3 days.
- Every day that the content item is overdue.
If contributors are working on a content item simultaneously, they'll get notified to prevent any overwriting of changes.