Commenting and suggesting changes to content
Creating content is usually a collaborative process requiring many people's input. Kentico Cloud makes it easy to discuss your content using comments, and propose changes to specific parts of content with suggestions.
Table of contents
To add a comment:
- Select the portion of the text you want to comment on.
- Click Add comment .
- Write your comment.
- Click Comment.
Your comment will appear as a card to the right of the selected text, which will be highlighted in yellow.
See how to comment inline inside the app.
Within every comment, you've got 1,000 characters to express yourself. You can also comment on assets using the Comment button in the top right corner of the asset tile. To comment on the entire content item, switch to the Discussion tab on the right panel.
Suggesting changes to content
When reading or reviewing content, editors often need to point out typos or suggest small changes to the text.
To suggest content changes:
- Select the portion of the text you want to change.
- Click Suggest changes .
- Make changes to the selected text.
- Click Suggest changes.
Your suggestion will appear as a card to the right of the selected text, which will be highlighted in purple. You can suggest changes to Text, Rich text, and URL Slug elements.
Approving content suggestions
You can click Approve to replace the selected text with the suggested text. This marks the suggestion as approved.
You can approve suggestions only if your role has the Edit content capability and the element is editable at the given moment.
Resolving comments and suggestions
Any comment or content suggestion starts a discussion thread where you can add more comments and suggestions. Suggestions are basically special comments and behave similarly.
To mark a discussion as resolved:
- Click More actions on the first comment.
- Pick Mark as resolved.
To edit a comment:
- Click More actions and select Edit.
- Start editing the comment.
- Click Save (Ctrl + Enter) to post the changes.
You can hide comments to have more space for authoring content:
- Click More actions on the comment card.
- Select Hide all comments.
You can also hide all comments from the More actions menu of the entire content item (in the top right corner). Click highlighted text to bring the comments back.
If you need to find an old comment, you can still check the whole comment history and see which comments were resolved by whom and which haven’t been resolved yet.
Just switch to the Discussion tab in the right panel.
Users assigned to the content item will receive notifications about comments and content suggestions by email.
Note that the email delivery might take around 10 to 15 minutes after someone adds the last comment. This is because we want to avoid spamming your mailbox with each new comment. Instead, we'll send all the new comments as a group in a single email.
- Collaboration is easier when everyone knows the process. Learn more about Setting up your content production flow.
- See Assigning contributors and moving content through the workflow.
- You can go back in history and Visually compare different versions of your content.